In this article:
- Laser Hair Removal
- Depilatory Creams
Sometimes it's so embarrassing that hair on our arms, underarms, legs, etc., is seen by other people. That is why some of us have tried all means to remove hair from a troubled body part. Fortunately, we can gain access to many hair removal methods nowadays. This article will explore some of the most common methods, such as shaving, depilatory creams, and waxing. But we will pay more attention to laser hair removal, a stylish and more effective way to remove hair these days.
Hopefully, you can find all the needed information about hair removal methods and the best way to your ends to make your life better. And only you have the final say about which method is the best. Let's check it out.
1.Laser Hair Removal
What is laser hair removal?
A laser hair remover uses light energy to permanently destroy or damage hair follicles to prevent future hair growth. It's the most costly choice on the list but has the longest-lasting effect. It causes no infection risk, and the hair will not grow inwardly. In addition, it suits all skin tones and types and can be used on most body parts.
Introduction to laser hair removal devices
Here you will learn about a home-use hair remover and a professional laser hair removal device.
The device boasts the following features:
- It can be used on many body parts, including arms, chest, legs, and bikini line;
- It has five modes, meeting various needs;
- The treatment is painless, safe, and time-saving;
- The device is portable, allowing you to carry and use it anywhere and anytime.
Similarly, the equipment has some advantages, including:
- It's a good choice for a beauty center;
- It presents a quick and long-lasting outcome;
- It's non-invasive and non-surgical and has minimal side effects;
- It owns a key switch and an emergency stop switch, making operating safer.
- Q: Is laser hair removal permanent?
- A: Most people will experience slowed hair growth after 5 to 10 hair removal sessions. Results vary from person to person. Some people may see a lasting effect, while others may encounter hair regrowth. However, if you stick to the treatment, the outcome may last for years. When the hair regrows, it is thinner and more unnoticeable than before.
- Q: How much is laser hair removal?
- A: If you go to a beauty center, the average cost of a laser hair removal session is about $400, according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. The expense is subject to many factors, such as the size of a treated area, how many sessions you will take, the performer's experiences, the place you take the treatment, etc. Please consult the information in advance if you decide to do it in a professional institution.
- Q: Is laser hair removal safe?
- A: The treatment is non-invasive and non-surgical. In some cases, it causes some side effects, including skin irritation (swelling and redness) and changes in pigment (your skin turns darkened or brightened). Those symptoms are transient and shall vanish within hours.
Some people may feel a sensation of tingling during the process. But rest assured that the procedure does not cause scarring, blistering, and the kind. It's a safe hair removal method overall.
You certainly know about it. Shaving is a simple way to remove body hair since you can shave the hair at a low cost at home. It can be used all over the body. You can use a manual shaver to shave the hair along the body outline where the hairs grow.
Shaving can give you hairless skin but a short effect because it only removes hair on the top of the skin. The hair regrows fast after shaving, and it has some potential dangers. If you are unwary, a cut may occur, and epifolliculitis, a bacterial infection caused by shaving, may also accompany it.
Plucking or tweezing is not a bad choice if you can bear the pain and only have a few hairs to be removed. It's an effective way to remove hair from your eyebrows or stray hair from your head. But you can not turn to it for large body areas.
4. Depilatory Creams
A depilatory cream uses a chemical substance to melt the hair shaft away. It's very effective but can also cause skin irritation. All you have to do is to apply it to a body part with undesired hair and leave it there for about 10 minutes. However, if it is unattended for too long, it may burn your skin to some extent. Anyway, you need to follow the instructions.
Waxing works by applying warm and melted wax to the skin and plucking the hair towards the opposite direction. Plucking the hair instantly can remove it from the root. The heat produced by the wax can trigger the expansion of the hair follicle, removing the hair effortlessly.
However, waxing may cause a worrisome problem: bacterial infection. Immersing the stick used to apply wax again may increase the chance of infection. But you may be surprised that many people, including beauty salons, do it this way. Please go to an institution with good standing and verified professionals to ensure safe waxing.
This article has discussed several widely used hair removal methods. Opinion varies from person to person about which mean is the best. Hopefully, you may find the most suitable solution to your concern after considering your situation. But I can assure you a laser hair remover is definitely worth trying.