Eternal youth is the dream of all women. Anti-aging skin care products are therefore also enduring! Retinol, which is a star ingredient, has received widespread attention worldwide. However, many consumers only know that retinol has an anti-aging effect, but they do not know its working principle, applicable population, precautions for use, and so on.
After blindly following the trend, it is often counterproductive, the worse the skin becomes. Finally, the culprit of the damaged skin is pointed at retinol.
In order to make everyone who loves beauty no longer spend money on suffering, today, Zizi Skincare will open up retinol! Little friends, get ready for the knowledge!
What Exactly Is Retinol?
Retinol, also known as vitamin A, is an unsaturated monohydric alcohol with an alicyclic ring, including vitamins A1 and A2 of animal food origin.
Vitamin A1 is mostly stored in the liver of mammals and saltwater fish, while vitamin A2 is often stored in the liver of freshwater fish. Since the activity of vitamin A2 is relatively low, so-called vitamin A refers to vitamin A1.
Retinol is widely used in skin care products. It has excellent efficacy in anti-aging and anti-wrinkle, but its effect is not limited to this.
What Are The Effects Of Retinol?
1. Retinol is converted into vitamin A acid after it is absorbed by the body. It has the effect of regulating the metabolism of the epidermis and stratum corneum, which can fight aging and remove wrinkles.
2. Retinol is an antioxidant that can effectively block free radical damage to the skin, thereby reducing the appearance of wrinkles and promoting collagen production.
3. Retinol can reduce sebum overflow and make skin elastic, meanwhile, it can lighten spots and soften skin.
4. Retinol helps protect the epidermis, mucosa from bacteria, healthy skin, and prevent skin cancer.
5. Retinol can make cells work normally, and even make skin cells more vibrant. When the skin is damaged by sunlight, it is difficult for the cells to work healthily, so retinol has the effect of preventing photoaging.
Since retinol has so many benefits, can anyone use it at will? The answer is of course NO! NO! NO! Just as people with different skin suit different skin care products, retinol is good, but it also has certain risks. Before buying retinol skin care products, please read the following carefully!
What Do I Need To Pay Attention To When Using Retinol?
Retinol has a certain irritation, and people with sensitive muscles should use it with caution. A skin test is recommended before use. Skin redness, peeling, and tingling often occur during the first use, which are caused by skin intolerance. The above conditions will gradually improve or disappear after the skin has established tolerance. But depending on the specific situation, if the allergy is severe, you should replace or buy a product with a lower content. You can also use effective skin care products without irritants to relieve the irritation caused by retinol. Pregnant and lactating women should use this ingredient with caution.
Use retinol products step by step. It is best to use it once a week, once every three days, once every two days, once a day. Tolerance is used as the next level of criteria. Don't take it too fast, it is counterproductive. Retinol can also be added to daily moisturizing products, which can make the skin better adapt to retinol.